Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The LGBTQ Community Strikes Again

I wrote a post about a month ago (Enough is Enough Already) addressing the audacity  LGBTQ community to force the California school system to include the sexuality of historical figures within the historical narrative in school books.  I was angry then and I am more angry now.  Not angry, let me say...I'm outdone. 

I will go on record and say that I admire Roland Martin.  I think he's a fine journalist and a great example for African Americans to look to.  He's smart, candid and real.  I have always liked the guy.  He's a wonderful addition to CNN and now, he's a suspended addition.  Martin was recently suspended by CNN for some "offensive" tweets that he sent out during the Super Bowl (Roland Martin suspended).  His tweets said something the the effect of "if a guy likes the David Beckham underwear ads, smack him..."    I'm paraphrasing but what he said is what EVERY heterosexual man watching the Super Bowl would say!  He's not advocating violence against gay men, he's BEING a man.  Men are not supposed to be turned on by other men, it's that simple.  I'm sure that he was cracking up laughing as he tweeted this. He says that he was saying it in relation to soccer, but I would say it in relation to men checking for David Beckham.

So, GLADD spoke out and demanded that Roland Martin be let go at CNN.  Why is it that gay people are SO insecure?  How could such an innocuous and NORMAL post be seen as advocating violence against gay people?  Roland Martin was not at work when this tweet was posted.  He was relaxing, watching the game.  These people organizations like GLADD irk me to no end.  They are so sensitive about everything.  Making snap judgments at every comment and being offended by every single thing that someone says is usually a sign of insecurity and guilt.  I'll give you a perfect example.  If you have a job and the boss starts talking about lowered productivity and sloth in the workplace- and you know you have been slacking- you are probably going to get offended.  I had a job once and I was calling a girlfriend long distance during my shift.  Word came down from the manager that the long distance had been cut off.  The manager never came to me directly and my supervisor told me that he "heard" that someone had been calling long distance.  I denied that it was me, but I knew that it was me.  I was as guilty as sin- but when the word went out, I acted like it wasn't me and was even offended when someone asked me about it.  How's that for insecurity?

Once again, I have nothing against the men and women of the LGBTQ community.  Do whatever you like, but don't expect me or other normal people to accept it.  That's your life and your business.  Why is it that everyone else sees the dysfunction of that type of relationship except for the ones that are in them?  Men and women are meant to reproduce- that's why men have sperm and women have eggs.  Any relationship in violation of that natural order is unnatural.  That's a very simple illustration to drive home a powerful point- you guys are wrong- but I respect your right to be wrong.  Do what you do, but don't expect everyone to walk on eggshells because of your own guilt and insecurity.  I'm sorry and I don't mean to be rude but Roland Martin should not have lost his job because of his HETEROSEXUALITY.  What offends me is some dude sashaying past me as if he could ever be a woman...but you don't see me trying to get him fired, do you?

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%. He actually was remarking about a married man so I'm unclear how that translated to gay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They find ways to twist everything to be against them...it's funny to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr Russell, I have been missing out on your blog! I was following and missed how to check it! I love this post and YOU'RE RIGHT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Christina and thank you for stopping by!! Don't be a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right Dr. Russell they are VERY sensitive. If one believes so strongly in who they are, what they do etc it matters not what others say think or tweet esp a tweet by someone who doesn't know them from a can of paint. God bless the LGBTQ live how you wanna. Its funny how the ppl who live contrary to the God who made EVERYTHING under the sun can moan & groan about whatever but those of us who believe in & live for Him are constantly viewed as being intolerant...give me a break! Sounds like someone's threatened by the TRUTH. And I wasn't aware of the Q that's been added...what does it stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Step! The Q stands for Queer, by the way. I wonder what alphabet they will add next....maybe S for sensitive.

    ReplyDelete